Our Additive A®, Glutrin® and Goulac® products help provide solutions for:
- Improving the properties of technical and high performance ceramics
- Increasing the saleable yields of brick and tiles
Additive A Product range
- TYPE 1 is generally used on short to medium plastic clays and shale exhibiting low green strength, difficulty in extrusion, excessive auger wear, loss due to breakage and average sulfate scumming requiring up to about 3 pounds BaCO3 per ton of ware.
- TYPE 2 is generally used on the same type of raw material as Type 1 except where no sulfate scumming problem exists. However, in a few unique situations, Type 2 has eliminated the need for BaCO3, usually on arid, short, highly alkaline materials.
- TYPE 3 is generally used on medium plastic materials that need no help in extrusion and moderate strength increase, but that require about 5 pounds BaCO3 to eliminate sulfate scum.
- TYPE 4 is generally used on plastic materials that need no help in extrusion and moderate strength increase, but that require about 7.5 pounds BaCO3 to eliminate sulfate scum.
- TYPE S is generally used on highly plastic and fatty clays requiring no help in extrusion or scum prevention, but requiring increased green strength and reduced breakage loss.